- 5 July, Friday - FREE NFU Vehicle Health & Safety Workshop at Thrift Farm, Royston SG8 9NN (W3W address ///upgrading.speeded.maker) : The event is open to all NFU members and their staff with 5, 30 minutes workshops on trailer safety, vehicle speeds, weights and licenses on roads, UK Power Network on power lines, workplace transport and a presentation by the fire service. Refreshments will be available on site from 9am for a prompt 9.30am start. Prior booking is essential, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01638 672100 to confirm attendance and numbers.
- 17 July Farmers Cafe - Church Farm Ardeley SG2 7AH from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 25 July Farmers Cafe - Foxholes Farm Tearoom Hertford SG13 7NT from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee
Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 12th and 13th June,Wed and Thurs. Cereals Event. The Old Rocket Site, Boothby Graffoe, Lincolnshire, LN5 0AS
- 14th June, Friday. Watford & Tring Police Barn Meeting from 09:30am, at Cottingham Farm, Flaunden Lane, Bovingdon, HP3 0PD, (W3W address ///grass.narrow.ally) kindly hosted by Richard and Henry Percy. Please come along for a bacon roll, tea and coffee with the meeting starting promptly at 10am. This is a great opportunity for you to hear from your local policing team about their work, for you to ask them questions and voice your concerns.
- 16th June, Sunday, Herts YFC Charity Clayshoot, 10.30 at LVSA, Bramfield Rd Hertford SG14 2HZ, £25 for 80 Clays, Turn up or call Laura, 07921308785 - FLYER CLICK HERE
- 19 June Farmers Cafe - Church Farm Ardeley SG2 7AH from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 20th June, Thursday. Designing Future Wheat Open Day at Rothamsted Research, Harpenden. To review the day's schedule and to book a place please visit here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/DFW
- 22nd June Saturday. Herts RABI Clay Shoot Kind permission David Rand, Hatchpen, Royston,
- 26th and 27th June – Wednesday and Thursday - Groundswell No-Till and Regenerative Agriculture Show and Conference – Lannock Manor Farm, Weston. More info at www.groundswellag.com
- 27 June Farmers Cafe Foxholes Farm Tearoom Hertford SG13 7NT from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee
Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 28th June, Friday. Redbourn and District Farm Walk. Kind Permission of The Hudgell Family, Southend Farm, AL3 6RH. Tickets from members of the committee. www.rdaca.weebly.com
- 11th May, Saturday. Herts Young Farmers Rally Comps Day. Westwick Hall Farm at kind permission of the Deacon Family. AL36AR or W3W address "worm tolls bugs"
- 15 May Farmers Cafe - Church Farm Ardeley SG2 7AH from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 18th May, Saturday. Beds Young Farmers Rally Comps Day. Walducks Farm, Stewkley nr Leighton Buzzard. LU7 0DL.
- 23 May Farmers Cafe Foxholes Farm Tearoom Hertford SG13 7NT from 0900 - 10.30am. Drop in for a chat over coffee Supported by The Farming Community Network (FCN) and Community Development Action (CDA)
- 24th May, Friday. Hertfordshire Agricultural Society Evening Event "the Night Before" on the Herts Showground. Tickets from Show office or NHF.
- 25th and 26th May, Saturday and Sunday. Herts County Show. Celebration of rural and local industry, cattle and sheep show, food and farming area and a whole raft of new things for this year.
- 14th April Sunday Herts RABI St Georges Fund Raising Great British Beef Lunch. Venue Cottered Village Hall near Buntingford Flyer HERE
- 11th March Monday. Watton and District Ag Discussion Group. Claire Austin, Austins Funeral Directors, Robin Hood Pub Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm
- 19th March. Tuesday. Hertford NFU Branch Meet. Robin Hood Pub. Anthony Downs Hatfield House and Estate Planning and Development.
- 21st March Thursday, Herts Farmers Machinery Club. James Chapman - Health and Safety A Farmers Lesson (lost his arm in a PTO shaft) All Meetings held at Veralum Golf Club St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Saturday 23rd March – Bedfordshire RABI Clay Shoot at Sporting Targets email Lucy.Bellefontaine@rabi.org.uk Flyer HERE
- 8th February Friday. North Herts NFU Branch AGM. Speaker will be NFU Vice President Stuart Roberts. Hermit of Redcoats PH, Redcoats Green, Hitchin, SG4 7JR. 9.30am.
- 11th Feb Monday, Watton and District Ag Discussion Group. Dr J Stroud Soil Scientist Rothamsted. Robin Hood Pub Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm
- 19th and 20th February NFU National Conference and AGM. Birmingham
- 21st February Thursday, Herts Farmers Machinery Club. Hands Free Hectare. All Meetings held at Veralum Golf Club St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 26th February Tuesday. Hertford NFU Branch Meet. Sarah Brown, Senior Rural Estates Officer HCC, plus Emma Chapman. Robin Hood PH, Tonwell, SG12 0HN. 7.30pm
- 14th January Monday, Watton and District Ag Discussion Group. David McNaughton, MD Soya UK. Robin Hood Pub Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm
- 22nd January Tuesday. Hertford NFU Branch Meet. Tom Martin Cambs Farmer. Robin Hood Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30.
- 24th January Thursday Herts Farmers Machinery Club. Cheffins. All Meetings held at Veralum Golf Club St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm Contact email@example.com for more details.
- 29th January Tuesday North Herts Farmers AGM at Tewinbury Farm Hotel. 8.30am. Complimentary breakfast and 2 speakers - Found of the Small Robot Company and Founder of Countryside Marketing co. Please RSVP to James @NHF. Members only.
- 6th December, Thursday. East Herts NFU Police Barn Meet. Half Way House Farm. Sg12 8PU. Bacon Rolls 9.30am.
- 10th December Monday Watton and District Ag Discussion Group. Amanda Done, The Shuttleworth Estate Past and Present. Robin Hood Pub Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm
- 13th December Thursday Herts Farmers Machinery Club. Dealer Night P Tuckwell Cromer SG27QA 7.30pm Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 5th November Monday, Watton and District Ag Discussion Group. Kate Ferrier Haymarket Events/Cereals Robin Hood Pub Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm
- 6th November Tuesday. Hertford NFU Meeting Robin Hood Pub. Terry Jones NFU Director General
- 12th November Monday, Herts NFU County AGM, Tom Bradshaw speaker. Veralum Golf Club
- 15th November Thursday. Herts Farmers Machinery Club. Alan Bartlett and sons UK Carrott Grower packer. All Meetings held at Veralum Golf Club St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm Contact email@example.com for more details.
- 16th November Friday Herts NFU Annual Farmers Dinner, Ticket only event. Tewinbury Farm Hotel 7pm
- 28th November Wednesday, North Herts NFU Branch Quiz. East Herts Golf Club. SG9 9NB 7pm.
- 10th October Wednesday, Kimpton Ploughin Match, Grove Farm Bendish SG4 8JQ kind permission of P Shaw
- 19th October Friday West Herts Ploughing Match Darley Ash Farm, Chipperfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 0JW Kind Permission A and C Hobbs
- 19th October Friday, Royston Ploughing Match, Brick House Farm, Gt Hormead, Buntingford, SG8 0PB Kind Permission Ian and Edward Baron.
- 20th October Saturday, Herts YFC Ball Knebworth House Barns, Call Cat for details 07771702154
- 23rd October, Tuesday, Hertford NFU Meeting Robin Hood. 7.30pm
- 25th October Thursday. Herts Farmers Machinery Club.Krone UK. All Meetings held at Veralum Golf Club St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 27th October, Saturday, County Ploughing Match and Hedge Laying, Field Next to Codmore Wood Road, Latimer, HP5 1UJ Kind permission of WJ and M Mash. All entries call 07788885852
- 8th September, Saturday, Redbourn and District Ploughing Match
- 22nd September Saturday, Watton Ploughing match incl Nation qualifier for the vintage. Courtesy of A. Pearman and Sons, Watkins Hall Farm, SG14 2RJ
- 2nd July, Monday 2pm. The Speirs Family are running a farm safety event at Pepsal End Farm LU1 4LH near Luton in conjunction with the NFU and the NFU Mutual.
“We are just trying to make people a bit more aware of farm safety before the busy harvest period starts”
The event is free and includes home grown burgers.
Please let them know that you are coming - email@example.com or a text to 07831469455.
- 2nd June, Saturday, Herts Young Farmers Rally Day. Foxholes Farm Hertford. All welcome. Food and Drink available. Bring the family.
- 12th June, Tuesday. Berkhamsted and Tring Police Barn Meeting. Open to all. 9.30am at Hill Farm, Northchurch Common, HP4 1LS which is being hosted by Steve and Leigh Herod.
- 23rd and 24th of June - Rothamsted Festival of Ideas. Open day to exhibit all of the great work that Rothamsted Research Centre does. An exclusive insight into the future of the farming area. Free entry. Event is in Harpenden. Ideally please register before the event. www.rothamsted.ac.uk/events/rothamsted-festival-ideas
- 27th June Tuesday 2017. Hertford and Royston NFU Branches Charity Farm Walk Courtesy of David Rand, Rand Bros, Hatchpen, Royston
- 27th and 28th June 2018 Groundswell Ag No Till Conference – www.groundswellag.com
- 29th June, Friday, Redbourn and District Farm Walk. All welcome. At kind permission Halsey and Partners.
- 30th June, Saturday, Essenden and District Barn Dance with Band - "The Hoedown Band" Details from Geraldnorman@mail.com Download the flyer HERE
- 25th May Farmers Debate - The Night Before the Show. Agricultural Social Evening incl Food. Free Tickets available.
- 26th and 27th May, Saturday and Sunday. Herts County Agricultural Show, Redbourn
- 14th April, Saturday, Bacon Charity Ball.
- 7th March Wednesday - The Campaign for the Farmed Environment and Catchment Sensitive Farming March event: BUSINESS BENEFITS OF BIODIVERSITY
The event is FREE and will address the topics listed below:
- What Biodiversity can do for your Business
- Understanding Ecological Focus Areas 2018
- All About Water
- Methods and Machines for Managing Hedgerow - demonstration of hedge coppicing machinery.
- 10.00am – 1.00pm, Walkern Hall Farm, Walkern, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 7HZRefreshments provided. BASIS and NRoSO points available.Outdoor clothes and footwear required.To book call 01223 841 507 or email EastAnglia@cfeonline.org.uk.
- What Biodiversity can do for your Business
- 12th March, Monday, Watton & District Agricultural Discussion group Tim Bonner, Chief Executive, Countryside Alliance Held at Robin Hood pub Tonwell. 7.30pm.
- 15th , Thursday, Machinery Club. Chafer Sprayers held at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm
- 19th March 2017. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN.7.30pm. Hertford NFU Branch Meeting – Speaker Philippa Wiltshire – Industry & Regulatory Affairs Manager for Red Tractor Assurance
- 9th, Friday, Herts RABI are hosting a Charity Supper at Tewin Bury Farm Hotel on with a speaker from Hatfield House. Speak to Leonie or Lucy.Bellefontaine@rabi.org.uk for more details
- 12th February, Monday, Watton & District Agricultural Discussion group Michael Richardson, Manager, Trade Product Dev. AHDB Held at Robin Hood pub Tonwell. 7.30pm.
- 15th February, Thursday, Machinery Club, J Brock and Sons Ltd, held at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm
- 19th February 2017. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm, Hertford NFU, Branch Meeting – Speaker Helen Reeve – Waveney Dexter Beef, Alburgh
- 20th and 21st Tuesday and Wednesday. Birmingham ICC. NFU National Conference and AGM
- 23rd February, Friday FWAG Meeting - STEPHEN BRIGGS PART II: COVER CROPS & THEIR BENEFITS. Walkern Sports & Community Centre, High Street, Walkern, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 7NP . FREE technical workshop looking at how growing cover crops can bring benefits to your soil and farm business. 10.00am to 12.30pm. firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Tuesday 9th January, 10.00am – 1.00pm, TECHNICAL WORKSHOP ON COVER CROPS & SOIL HEALTHWalkern Sports & Community Centre, Walkern, Herts, SG2 7NP, with tour of the cover crops at Finches Farm, Benington.
Stephen Briggs, Nuffield Scholar, farmer, and head of Soil & Water at Innovation for Agriculture has over 15 years’ experience of organic systems in the UK and overseas. He has a particular interest in the use of green manures to manipulate soil nutrient dynamics and the development of bi-cropping systems to enhance yields through the better use of available soil nutrients. Stephen will be here to talk about soil health.Kings Eastern Technical Advisor Paul Brown will use his wide range of expertise and practical knowledge to offer advice on different types of cover crop mixes and their successful establishment.Simon McMunn from DeSangosse/Metaldhyde Stewardship Group will be here to answer your questions on slug control.With contributions from Affinity Water and FWAG East.BASIS & NRoSO points available.Refreshments and lunch provided.Outdoor clothing & footwear required.To book please call 01223 841507 or email email@example.com.
- 9th January, Tuesday, Watton & District Agricultural Discussion group John Miles, Product Development Manager, KWS
Held at Robin Hood pub Tonwell. 7.30pm.
- 15th January 2017. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm, Hertford NFU Branch Meeting - Speaker Peter Kendall – Chairman, AHDB. Previous NFU National Chairman
- 16th , Thursday, Machinery Club. John Beardmore, American Farmer, held at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm
- 5th, Tuesday, Bidwells Charity Quiz night at Veralum Golf Club enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th December, Monday. Watton & District Agricultural Discussion group Ian Robertson (SoilAdvice) & Jackie Stroud (Rothamstead)Held at Robin Hood pub Tonwell. 7.30pm.
- 14th , Thursday, Machinery Club. Dealer Night Oliver Landpower Ltd
- 6th November, Monday. Watton Discussion Group, Fergus Howie, Farmer, Wicks Manor, Essex. Held at Robin Hood pub Tonwell. 7.30pm.
- 10th November, Friday, Stockmans Club Annual Dinner
- 10th November, Friday, RABI charity Quiz Night and Meal. Lodge Farm, Chicksands, SG175QB. 6.30pm. £10 incl hot meal. Register with Lucy - email@example.com
- 13th, Monday, NFU Hertfordshire Annual County Meeting, Verulam Golf Club, St. Albans, 6.30 for 7pm. speaker – Allison Ogden-Newton. CEO Keep Britain Tidy
- 16th, Thursday, Machinery Club. Alistair Hodgson, Curator Salisbury Hall, Mosquito Aircraft Museum, held at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm
- 17th, Friday, November 2017. Tewin Bury Farm Hotel. AL6 0JB. 6.45pm for 7.45pm Hertfordshire Farmers Dinner - hosted by Hertford NFU. Ticket only event. Guest speaker: Farmer, ex Farming Champion of the year, current Chairman NFU Sugar
- 21st, Tuesday, Hertford NFU Police Barn Meet – Halfway House farm SG128PU. The Chief Constable, Charlie Hall and the Police Crime Commissioner, David Lloyd will be in attendance. 9.30am
- 21 November 2017. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm Hertford NFU Branch AGM – Speaker – Lucia Zitti – NFU EU Exit & International Trade Adviser
- 29th, Wednesday , North Herts NFU Social and Quiz, East Herts Golf Club, 7pm. North Herts NFU Branch - Annual Quiz
- 1st, Sunday, NFU Harvest Service, St. Mary's Church, Redbourn, AL3 6NL, beginning 6.30pm with refreshments afterwards
- 11th, Wednesday, Kimpton Ploughing Match, Bendish Farm, Whitwell; Hitchin. SG4 8JD by kind invitation of Mr G Shervell
- 18th, Wednesday, Hertfordshire Agricultural Society Event - Brewery visit round the McMullen Brewery for Herts Ag Society Members - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20th, Friday, West Herts Ploughing Match Grove Farm, Grove Lane , Chesham , Bucks . HP5 3QN by kind invitation of D & B Harman
- 20th, Friday, Royston Ploughing Match Noons Folly Farm, Royston, Herts SG8 7NG by kind invitation of Sir Francis Newman
- 23rd, Monday, Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN, 7.30pm Hertford NFU Branch Meeting – A catch up on current county and national NFU and Farming issues.
- 26th, Thursday, Machinery Club. Weaving Machinery, held at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm
- 28th, Saturday, County Ploughing Match, Great Gobions Farm, Gobions Lane , Stapleford, Hertford ,Herts SG14 2RB (Just off A119) by kind invitation of Mr R Abel-Smith
- 9th, Saturday, Redbourn Ploughing Match by kind permission of Roe End Farm, Partners,Giraffe House, Roe End Farm, Markyate AL3 8AQ by kind invitation of. Mr Will Reynolds
- 16th, Saturday, Essendon Ploughing Match Theobolds Park Farm, Great Cambridge Road, (A 10 ) Waltham Cross, Herts EN8 8EU by kind invitation of Mr Paul Cable, C/o Oyler Bros
- 23rd, Saturday, Watton Ploughing Match YFC & National Area Vintage Final On Saturday 23 September at Watkins Hall Farm, Watton at Stone , Hertford, Herts, SG14 2RJ by kind invitation of. Mr A J Pearman & Son
- 5th July, Wednesday, (REVISED DATE) Hertford/North Herts NFU farm walk courtesy of Paul Cherry – Cherry Park Farms, Weston. Contact Leonie King for details
- 4th June, Sunday, Nigel and Ruth Collins At Home - fundraising luncheon for Herts RABI - Haultwick Farm, Haultwick.
- 5th June, Monday, St Albans Police Barn Meeting, 9.3 for 10 am at Butler's Farm, Hog End Lane, Redbourn, AL3 6RF
- 14th June, Wednesday, Stockmans Club Sheep Judging, Courtesy of My R Cornthwaite, Ledgemore Farm, Great Gaddesden, Hemel HP2 6HF
- 16th June, Friday, Farm walk open to all at Hole Farm, Ware to see the operation of a large sheep and arable business which works not just in harmony but inextricably together for the benefit of soil health. 3.30 for a 4pm start. Courtesy of Jo Franklin and Rob Hodgkins and organised by the Hertfordshire Agricultural Society. Free to members of HAS and £5 to all others. All welcome. Please register intent to attend with HAS - email@example.com or call 01582 792626
- 19th June, Monday. North Herts Police 'Barn' Meeting, Quickswood Farm, Warren Lane, Clothall, from 9.30 am to 12 noon.
- 28th (wed) + 29th (thurs) Groundswell No-Till show is a farming conference, designed 'by farmers for farmers' to educate and inform the industry about no-till techniques and soil regeneration in arable and mixed farming situations. Lannock Barns, Weston, Herts. www.groundswellag.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th May, Saturday, Herts YFC County Rally @ Foxholes Farm Hertford - all visitors welcome
- 10th May, Wednesday, Stockmans Club Beef Judging, Courtesy of Mr and Mrs D Camp, Jepps Farm, Mangrove Road, Hertford, SG13 8QJ
- 15th May, Monday, Young Farmers versus Hertford NFU Rallying Challenge – Langley Park Rally Contact Leonie King for details.
- 17th May, Wednesday, Stockmans Club Pig Judging, Courtesy of Mr G Kiddy, Solitaire Farm, Drove Road, Gamlingay, Sandy, Beds, SG19 3NY
- 20th May, Saturday, Beds YFC County Rally and Show, Clayhill Farm, Greenfield Road, Westoning, Beds. MK45 5JF. 10.00 onwards. £8.00 on gate includes yearbook www.bedsyfc.co.uk/rally
- 26th May Friday, Hertfordshire Agricultural Society Food and Farming Debate, Redbourn,
- 27th and 28th May, Saturday and Sunday, Hertfordshire County Show, Redbourn
- 26th April, Wednesday, Stockmans Club Dairy Judging, Courtesy of Mr C Wray, Wayside Farm, Watford Road, Kings Langley WD4 8EA
- 30th April, Sunday, Stockmans Club Federation Day, Venue TBC,
- 8th, Wednesday. NFU BPS 2017 meeting, The Farm School, Annables Farm, Harpenden, Herts AL5 3PR, 2 for 2.30pm. Booking essential - 01638 672100
- 13th, Monday, Watton Ag Discussion Group, Robin Hood, Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pmHeygates Ltd, Bugbrook Mills, Northampton
- 16th, Thursday Machinery Club Tony Edwards, RAF Hendon
- 20th, March 2017. NFU Branch Meeting Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN.7.30pm. Speaker Paul Temple, Board member of AHDB and Chairman of the Cereals & Oilseeds Board.
- 22nd, March, Wednesday. CFE event: "Mixes, margins and habitat management." College Farm, Lower Gravenhurst, Beds MK45 4HJ, 10 am until 1pm. BASIS and NRoSO points available. To book contact the East Anglian team on 01223 841507, EastAnglia@cfeonline.org.uk; call the CFE national events booking line 02476 858897; or visit www.nfuonline.com/CFEevents
- 16th Feb Thursday Machinery Club David Purdy, Christian Aid farming project in Africa.
- 21 & 22nd February 2017. Birmingham ICC. NFU National Conference and AGM
- 28th February Tuesday 2017. NFU Branch Meeting. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm. Speaker Tom Price – NFU Head of Farm Safety & Transport. An overview of latest changes in regulations governing farm transport. *Note meeting is on a Tuesday.
- 28th February, Tuesday. Farm Business Update, The Farmschool, Annables Farm, Harpenden Herts AL5 3PR, 9.30 am - 1.00 pm, bookings essential - 01638 590429
- 28th February, Tuesday. North Herts Beekeepers Association Meeting. Discussing the Bee Connected App. Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Norton Way South, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 1NX. Meeting starts 7.30pm.
- 9th Monday, Watton Ag Discussion Group, Robin Hood, Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm John Fishwick and Paul Christian, Royal Vet College
- 16th Jan, Thursday Machinery Club - TBC
- 19th? January 2017. Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm. Branch Meeting - Speaker Ed Ford, Chairman Essex Young Farmers.
- 5th December Monday 2016. NFU Branch Meeting. Time and Venue TBC. Police Barn Meet
- 12th Monday, Watton Ag Discussion Group, Robin Hood, Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm Tom Bradshaw, Chairman East Anglia Crops Board, Fletchers Farm, Fordham, Essex
- 15th Thursday, Machinery Club Dealer Night - TBC
- 7th, Monday, Watton Ag Discussion Group, Robin Hood, Tonwell, SG12 0HN 7.30pm, David Walston, Nuffield Scholar, Thriplow Farms, Cambs
- 10th Nov, Thursday, Herts Show Stewards Thank you Supper, Woolams Sports Ground.
- 14th, Monday - NFU Hertfordshire Annual County Meeting, Verulam Golf Club, St. Albans, 7pm
- 15th November, Tuesday - 'Water on the Farm' free CFE event in association with CSF and FAS. 10 am to 1pm at Finches Farm, Benington, Herts SG2 7LA. Presentations and farm walk covering direct drilling, metaldehyde use, the value of swales, and the importance of earthworms. Supported by Thames Water. Booking essential. Contact CFE on 01223 841507/ 02476 858897, email EastAnglia@cfeonline.org.uk, or visit www.nfuonline.com/CFEevents
- 17th Thursday, Machinery Club at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm - Merlo Forklifts
- 18th Nov Friday, NFU Hertford Branch Annual Dinner, Tewinbury AL6 0JB. 7pm for 7.45pm Hertfordshire Farmers Dinner - hosted by Hertford NFU. Ticket only event. Guest speaker: Tv presenter and car enthusiast Ant Anstead.
- 21 November 2016. NFU Branch AGM Robin Hood pub, Tonwell. SG12 0HN. 7.30pm. Branch AGM – Speaker Tim Crocker – NFU Head of Business Services. An overview of the business and member services available to members.
- 26th November Saturday - Herts YFC Annual Ball at The Beales Hotel, Hatfield, AL10 9NG, For more info, please contact Laura Hagger on email@example.com or Linda Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30th, Wednesday - Hertfordshire Farmers Pub Quiz, East Herts Golf Club SG9 9NB 7.00pm start
- 2nd October, Sunday. Hertfordshire NFU Harvest Service, 6.30pm, St. Marys Church Redbourn. All welcome to attend
- 8th October 2016 Herts Stockmans Clubs Federation Quiz , Mildenhall Ivan Turner 01438 820 494
- 12th Wednesday, Kimpton Ploughing Match, By kind invitation of F.C. and D Manning, Whiteway Bottom, Kimpton, LU2 8PL
- 21st Friday Royston Ploughing Match, Bury Barns Farm, Sandon, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 0RJ, email@example.com (click HERE FOR ENTRY FORM)
- 21st Friday West Herts Ploughing Match, By kind invitation of Mrs CM Scacco, A field alongside Flaunden Lane, Bovingdon, HP3 0PD
- 21st October 2016 Herts Stockmans Clubs Annual Dinner and Presentation Awards Ivan Turner 01438 820 494
- 27th Thursday, Machinery Club at Verulam Golf Club, St Albans. AL1 1JG 7.30pm - Mizuri drills.
- 29th, Saturday, County Ploughing Match, East Hide, LU2 8PU
- 30th British Summertime Ends, Clocks "fall" back.
- 10th Sept, Saturday, Redbourn Ploughing Match, By kind invitation of Puddephats Farm Partnership, Grove Farm, Flamsted AL3 8BA
- 17th Sept Saturday, Essendon Ploughing Match, By kind invtation of the Walduck Family, Grubbs Lane, Nr Hatfield, AL9 6EF
- 24th Sept, Saturday, Watton Ploughing Match, By Kind invitation of Mr D. Livings, Mill Farm, Great Munden, Ware, SG11 1JR. This match will also be the National Area Vintage Final/Qualifyer.
- 6th Wednesday North Herts NFU Branch Farm Walk, North Road, Graveley, SG4 7EH courtesy of Tim Franklin. Starts at 6.30pm.
- 8th Friday - Redbourn District Farm Walk. Cross Farm, 6.30pm, £10 adults, £5 children incl food.
- SATURDAY 9th JULY - HERTS Young Farmers 70th BIRTHDAY BASH
- 1st, Wednesday, Redbourn Agricultural Competitions Assoc Meeting, Cheapside 8pm
- 4th, June Saturday - N. Herts YFC Pre Harvest UV party at Warren Farm, Braughing, Ware
- 5th, Sunday, Open Farm Sunday
- 9th June Farm Dispersal Sale of Machinery and Equipment, Ralphs Farm, Lilley, LU2 8LH, 10.30am Brown and Co Alexanders
- 15th, Wednesday and 16th Thursday, CEREALS 2016. Chrishall Grange, near Duxford, Cambs.
- 22nd, Wednesday, NFU Hertford Branch Farm Walk, Wallington Farms.
- 22nd, Wednesday Sheep Judging. Mr Keith Williams , Green End Farm,, Green End, Ware, Herts SG12 0NX Ivan Turner 01438 820 494
- 29th, Wednesday, NFU Herts inter-branch cricket tournament, Wheathampstead Cricket Club
- 29TH June Pig Judging 2016 Mr Paul Grainger , Forty Hall Farm , Forty Hall Park , Chapel Manor. EN2 9HA Ivan Turner 01438 820 494
- 11th May Dairy Judging 2016 Mr Bob Arnott , Middle Farm , Watford Road , Kings Langley , WD4 8QW Ivan Turner 01438 820 494
- 14th May - Herts Young Farmers County Rally Weston, Herts
- 21st, Saturday, Beds Young Farmers Country Day and Rally, Manor Farm, Pirtenhall, MK44 2AZ. http://www.bedsyfc.co.uk/p/rally-and-show.html
- 23rd May, Monday, Police Barn Meeting Monday at Butlers Farm, Redbourn. Chief Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner in attendance. Begins 9.30 am. Great opportunity to express your concerns over rural crime to the men RIGHT at the top.
- 27th, Friday Hertfordshire Ag Society Food and Farming Debate
- 28th and 29th May Saturday and Sunday Hertfordshire County Show. www.hertsshow.com
- 4th Monday, NFU Tring Branch meeting. Full Moon Pub, Chesham HP5 2UH. Edwin Rye, horticulturalist and 2002 BBC Gardener of the Year speaking
- 6th Wednesday, NFU EU Referendum meeting, Letchworth Hall Hotel, 8.30 am. Please contact the NFU Regional office (01638 672100) to book your place.
- 16th -17th BASC Gamekeepers Fair, www.bascgamekeepersfair.co.uk
- 19th, Tuesday, 7pm THE FARMING COMMUNITY NETWORK (FCN) Conference - "Preserving the Value of Your Farm Assets", Church Farm Ardeley SG2 7AH, A talk and discussion on:
Succession and the Legal Implications by Robert Males Underwoods Solicitors
Succession and the Financial Implications by Gary Markham Churchgates Accountants
Succession and the Insurance Implications by Rachel Johnston NFU Mutual
chaired by James Williams of North Herts Farmers. Free admission., donations to FCN. Refreshments 6.30pm. contact Brian Burgess on 01438 237748 or firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate attendance
- 21st April RABI Meeting at Biggleswade - Kramp has offered to open its doors to friends of R.A.B.I, for a site tour of its facilities and vast store room at Biggleswade, on Thursday 21st April at 7pm. £5 entry which enters you into a raffle to win £100 of clothing. Email Lucy.email@example.com for more details.
- 27th Wednesday IAgSA First Aid in the workplace Course at Babraham Nr Cambridge Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 27th Wednesday, NFU North Herts Branch Social, The Catherine Wheel at Albury, SG11 2LW, from 8pm.
- 2nd Wednesday, NFU North Herts Branch Social, 8pm the Brocket Arms, Ayot St. Lawrence AL6 9BT
- 3rd March, Monday, Rothamsted Research Association spring meeting: Managing Soil - Inputs vs Outputs, Thursday 3rd March from 12:30 until 15:30, Rothamsted Conference Centre, Information on the subjects covered can be found by visiting the RRA web page. If you would like to attend this FREE event please click here (non-members welcome, BASIS points applied for).
- 7th Monday, NFU Tring Branch Meeting. Full Moon Pub, Chesham HP5 2UH. Prof. Lin Field, Rothamsted Research speaking
- 10th March IAgSA First Aid in the workplace Course at Babraham Nr Cambridge Contact email@example.com for more details.
- 12th Saturday - Herts YFC County Bingo evening at The Memorial Hall, Wheathampstead 7.30 £15 incl games and supper
- 14th Monday Watton Discussion Group, Edward Hitchcock, Pelham Farming
- 16th Wednesday (Morning 10.30 am to 3.30 pm) Rothamsted Research Meeting- It’s not just about light – An event by Phytolux Ltd - LED plant growth lighting: performance, efficiency and achievements, as well as the challenges of changing to / introducing this technology in controlled growth environments to extend growing seasons. Reserve your place at: http://phytolux.com/page/lighting/delegateRegistration.
- 16th Wednesday Herts Agricultural Society meeting, Rothamsted, 4.30pm. Free and open to All
- 17th Thursday Herts Machinery Club, Mike Carse Head of Sales @ Agrifac/Holmer
- 22nd Tuesday, NFU Hertford Branch Meeting . Robin Hood Pub, Tonwell, 7.30pm. Prof. Lin Field from Rothamsted Research speaking.
- 23rd March Rothamsted Research Association Meeting open to all - Agrimetrics, the world’s first Big Data Centre of Excellence for the whole agri-food industry, is now up and running! The first project that Agrimetrics will undertake is to build a platform to manage data generated on-farm. The platform will be co-developed with farmers from the outset to ensure that it is comprehensive, accessible and meets the needs of the farming community. Please see the attached invitation or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Please click here if you would like to attend this FREE event.
- 25th Good Friday
- 27th British Summertime begins, Clocks "spring" forward
- 28th Easter Monday
- 1st Monday, NFU Tring Branch meeting. Full Moon Pub, Chesham HP5 2UH. Amber Kelly from Chilterns LAG speaking
- 3rd Tuesday, NFU/Police information meeting on Illegal Encampments, The Robin Hood, Tonwell, 7.30 pm
- 8th Monday Watton Discussion Group, Sam Rowe – Head of Breeding and Agronomy @ Berryworld
- 9th Tuesday Farm Business Update. The Farm School, Annables Farm, Harpenden. 9.00 am
- 16th Tuesday AM North Herts Farmers AGM. Breakfast meeting, Tewinbury, Full English Breakfast, Speakers to include Nick Von Westenholz CEO of Crop Protection Association and Toby Bruce, Lead Scientist, Rothamsted Research.
- 16th Tuesday, NFU Hertford Branch meeting. Robin Hood Pub, Tonwell, 7.30pm. NFU Deputy President Minette Batters speaking
- 17th Wednesday, Redbourn Ploughing Match Meeting, Sandridge 8pm.
- 18th Thursday, Herts Machinery Club, Mike Donovan - Practical Farm Ideas Magazine
- 5-7th Tuesday to Wednesday, Oxford Farming Conference. www.ofc.org.uk
- 11th Monday Watton Discussion Group, Chris Manley – Agricultural Manager (Poultry) Sainsbury's
- 15th and 18th January NROSO training day at the NHF offices including breakfast and lunch. Contact NHF office for details.
- 19th Tuesday, Hertford NFU, Andrew Watts – Wallington farms
- 20th-21st LAMMA, East of England Showground
- 21st Thursday Herts Machinery Club Andrew Blenkiron – Estate Manager Euston Estates east of Thetford
- 26th Tuesday - NFU North Herts Branch AGM, 7:30pm the Jester, Ashwell
- 27th Wednesday. NFU member visit to Rothamsted Research
- 28th Thursday. NFU National Officeholders Hustings, NFU Regional Office, Newmarket. Contact NFU for details
- 2nd December, Wednesday. Rothamsted Research Association Winter Meeting: the battle against resistance, 12.30 to 15.30. For more information and to register for your free ticket click here.
- 14th December, Monday. Watton Discussion Group @ Robin Hood, Tonwell
- 17th December, Thursday. Herts Farmers Machinery Club @TBA
- 7th and 8th November Herts Mistletoe Market Herts Showground
- 9th November Monday Watton Discussion Group Robin Hood @Tonwell
- 12th November, Thursday. NFU Hertfordshire Annual General Meeting, Verulam Golf Club, St. Albans.
- 17th November, Monday, Herts YFC County AGM
- 19th November Herts Farmers Machinery Club @ Verulam Golf Club
- 20th November, Friday. NFU Hertfordshire Centenary dinner. Tewin Bury Farm
- 20th November, Friday. Wheat Genetics Improvement Network Annual meeting. Rothamsted Research Association.
- 28th November Saturday, Herts YFC County Ball 7-1pm @ Beales Hotel, Hatfield
- 1st October Thursday, County Ploughing Match Meeting 8pm
- 4th October, Friday. Hertfordshire Harvest Festival, 6.30pm, St. Marys Church, Redbourn.
- 14th October Wednesday Kimpton Ploughing match at Russells Farm, Ansells End , Kimpton . SG4 8HD by kind invitation of B & J Cole & W J Abraham
- 15th October Thursday Herts Farmers Machinery Club @ Verulam Golf Club
- 16th October Friday West Herts Ploughing Match at Hockey Field, Near the Cow Roast, Berkhamsted On the A4251 ( nearest post code ) HP23 5RF by kind invitation of Gardener Partners
- 19th October Monday Herts Ag Society COM Meeting 7pm – possibly at alternative venue TBC by Secretary
- 23rd October Friday, Royston Ploughing Match, Bandons Farm, Anstey, Buntingford, SG9 0BU by kind invitation of Mr M Johnson
- 29th October Thursday, Herts Show Stewards Thank You Dinner at Woolams
- 30th October Friday Herts Stockmans Club 60th Anniversary Dinner at Mid Herts Golf Club. Details from Ivan Turner Tel: 01438 820 494 Mob 077 86908429
- 31st October Saturday, County Hedging and Ploughing Match, Kind Permission of G. Murchie, Field on the left going up the hill to Laburnam Farm from Harpenden. LU2 9PW.
- 5th September Saturday Watton at Stone Ploughing Match. Location - Side the Watton at Stone to Datchworth Road. Opposite Hawkins Hall Farm. SG3 6RU by kind invitation of. Mr F Pearman
- 5th September Saturday, Battlers Green Farm Music Festival "Music On the Farm". Open to all. WD7 8PH £20 ticket. More Details click - HERE
- 12th September Saturday Redbourn Ploughing Match. Samuels Farm Wheathampstead, AL4 8ER by kind invitation of. Mr J &S Nall-Cain
- 19th September Saturday Essendon Ploughing Match at Stanborough Bury Farm, Gt. North Road, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 7TD by kind invitation of . Mr P Crawford
- 1st July Wednesday, NFU Hertfordshire inter-branch Cricket Tournament, Sandon Oval, Roe Green, Sandon, Herts SG9 0QF.
- 1st July, Wednesday, Rothamsted Research Association summer meeting.
11:00-15:45, Rothamsted Conference Centre, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden.
- 3rd July Friday, Redbourn and district farm walk at kind permission of both the Barr and Simms families at Butlers Farm St Albans.
- 3rd July RABI Charity Clay Shoot. Hatchpen Royston.
- 22nd July Wednesday Hertfordshire Agricultural Society Committee Meeting - Holiday Inn.
- 3rd June, Wednesday, NFU Branch Meeting, Farm Walk, Chaldean Estate.
- 7th June Sunday Open Farm Sunday
- 13th June Saturday Kimpton Charity Clay Shoot Ramridge Farm SG4 8HB
- 10th and 11th June Cereals Show @ Boothby Graffoe, Lincolnshire. Rothamsted Research will have a stand (in conjunction with John Innes and the BBSRC) located next to HGCA
- 24th June. NFU North Herts Branch Farm Walk, Greys Farm, Therfield, Royston SG8 9NW
- 9th May Herts YFC County Rally, Old Farm, Weston, SG4 7AS
- 14th May Thursday. Black-grass research breakfast meeting. 9:00-10:30, Rothamsted Conference Centre, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden
- 14th May Monday. Grower and Innovator session on ‘Crop yield improvement and maintenance’ (in conjunction with Agri-Tech East). 10:30-12:30, Rothamsted Conference Centre, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden.
- 19th May, Saturday, Bedfordshire Young Farmers Rally. Heathcote Farms, Herne Manor Farm, LU5 6HH
- 22nd May, Friday, Hertfordshire Agricultural Society Food & Farming Debate 7pm, Herts Showground AL3 7PT
- 23rd and 24th May, Hertfordshire County Show, Redbourn AL3 7PT
- 27th May. North Herts NFU Social night. The Rose and Crown, High Street, Ashwell SG7 5NP.
- 11th April Herts YFC Quiz Night is on Saturday at Wheathampstead Memorial Hall at 7.30pm. Hot supper again for £12.00 per person. All welcome.
- 22nd April, Wednesday. North Herts NFU Social Night. The Brown Bear, Braughing. 8.00 pm.
- 10th March Tuesday , Watton Discussion Group. Clare Fleck from Knebworth House. Venue Robin Hood pub, Tonwell
- 11th March Wednesday. Workshop: From Precision Agriculture to Decision Agriculture (in conjunction with Agri-Tech East). 16:00-19:00, Rothamsted Conference Centre, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden.
- 13th March, Friday, NFU Branch Meeting with Oliver Heald MP. Location TBC
- 18th March, Wednesday. North Herts NFU Social Night. The Red Lion, Preston. 8.00 pm.
- 19th March Thursday. Herts Machinery Club, Veralum Golf Club AL1 1JG
- 24th March Tuesday, NFU Hertford Branch Meeting with Michael Mack, Farma, Robin Hood, Tonwell
- 9th February Monday, Watton Discussion Group Judith Jacobs, Ladies in Beef. Venue Robin Hood pub, Tonwell
- 11th February Wednesday, Rothamsted Research Association workshop - Forcasting and monitoring crop pests and diseases. 13:00-16:00, Russell
Conference room, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden.
- 11th February Wednesday, Younger Farmers Event: "Branching out - the roots to success." Thrift Farm, Royston, SG8 9NN.
- 19th February Thursday. Herts Machinery Club, Veralum Golf Club AL1 1JG
- 17th February, Tuesday NFU Hertford Branch Meeting, Mike Thomas, Communications Director, NFU. @Robin Hood pub Tonwell.
- 18th February, Wednesday. North Herts NFU Social night. The Fox and Duck, Therfield. 8.00 pm.
- 23rd February, Monday 9.00 am to 11.00 Grants for agri-tech research and development Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ. Join us to hear about the funding opportunities on the horizon for business-driven innovation, from feasibility studies to demonstrations. Dr Tristan Eagling and Dr Aurora Pinas-Fernandez, Knowledge Transfer Managers at the Knowledge Transfer Network, will talk about the range of funding available for UK businesses. Register your place today at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/grants-for-agri-tech-research-and-development-tickets-15499692999?aff=RRes.
- 24th and 25th February NFU Conference ICC Birmingham
- 6th, 7th and 8th January Oxford Farming Conference.
- 12th January, Watton Discussion Group, Professor Quintin McKellar, University of Herts. Venue Robin Hood pub, Tonwell
- 19th January North Herts Farmers NROSO update workshop. Here in the NHF office. £35. 9am to 1pm.
- 21st and 22nd January LAMMA 2015. East of England Showground, Peterborough.
- 22nd January Thursday. Herts Machinery Club, Veralum Golf Club AL1 1JG
- 27th January, Tuesday, NFU Hertford Branch Meeting, Sarah Asberry Natural England Catchment Sensitive Farming @Robin Hood Pub, Tonwell.
- 29th January, Thursday North Herts NFU AGM. At The Woodman, Nuthampstead, SG8 8NB. 8am. Full complimentary breakfast.